Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Julia Roberts Gained 7lbs Starring in EAT PRAY LOVE



THE trademark smile and enviable curves prove Julia Roberts is still every inch the pretty woman.

But the star, who was once the world's best-paid actress, commanding £17.5million a movie, reveals she piled on the pounds on the Italian sets of Eat, Pray, Love.


In the weight-obsessed world of showbiz, the temptations of calorie-loaded pizza and pasta while shooting scenes for the film put her in danger of being named a Hollywood heavyweight for all the wrong reasons.


Julia admitted: "I've always been a friend of food. I probably put on about seven pounds in Rome when we were shooting. I ate a lot of pizzas in Naples. It was just great. But it was hard on take 10 on a giant plate of pasta.


"It is a challenge and I love a good meal. Someone suggested I had a spit bucket but I can't do that because it makes me gag. It just grosses me out."


The Oscar-winning actress, who is forever associated with her 1990 classic Pretty Woman, has resolutely refused to buy in to the pressure so many stars put themselves under to become a size zero.

In fact, it's refreshing when Julia reveals it's easier to survive the whirlwind of premieres, parties and photo shoots if you actually eat normally.


She said: "That is a strange thing that happens. People get wildly famous and they get incredibly slim.

"I don't know. It never happened to me. I look the same. I guess that is my staying power. My fighting weight."