Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Julia Roberts Refuses To Get Botox



In the September issue of Elle magazine, the Eat, Pray, Love star reveals why she’ll never jump on the plastic surgery bandwagon

BFFs, you really need to hear this. Julia Roberts’ reason for refusing plastic surgery is so good, so eloquent and so WISE that we couldn’t wait to share it with you!

“I want my kids to know when I’m pissed, when I’m happy and when I’m confounded,” the 42-year-old actress says in the September issue of Elle magazine. “Your face tells a story and it shouldn’t be a story about your drive to the doctor’s office.”

The Eat, Pray, Love star didn’t stop there, either. “It’s unfortunate that we live in such a panicked, dysmorphic society where women don’t even give themselves a chance to see what they’ll look like as older persons. I want to have some idea of what I’ll look like before I start cleaning the slates,” she says.

For now, Julia – who admits to the magazine that she’s a Hindu – is content to play mom to 3-year-old Henry and 5-year-old twins Phinnaeaus and Hazel. “You make these people and you love them and you want them around for a thousand years,” she tells the magazine, adding, “I’ve been so spoiled with my friends and family in this life,” she says. “Next time I want to be just something quiet and supporting.”

How’s that for aging gracefully?

SOURCE