Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Jane Lynch's waxwork revealed



Glee star Jane Lynch has admitted that it was "freaky" to see herself immortalised in wax for the first time.

The actress unveiled the statue - based on her character Sue Sylvester - at Madame Tussauds in Hollywood yesterday. It depicts her wearing Sylvester's signature tracksuit and holding a loudspeaker.

"Oh my God. Unbelievable. This is too much, it's too weird," she said when she saw the waxwork for the first time. "I feel like I'm seeing myself in a coffin or something!"

She added to BBC News that she had been "overwhelmed by the likeness and artistry" in the creation, saying: "No detail was spared and I think she looks exactly like me. It's really freaky!"

According to People, the actress spent around four hours having her measurements taken to help with the waxwork's construction.