Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Clive Owen blasts botox use



Clive Owen has blasted actress who use Botox.

The 'The Boys Are Back' star can't understand why anyone would undergo the process - which involves having a chemical substance injected into the face to smooth wrinkles - as it leaves them unable to express emotion and is distracting for viewers.


He said: "You see these actresses who have had Botox or something else done, and it takes you out of the film.


"It's a constant reminder that they are actors. And there is just this one face - isn't that odd?"


Discussing his own beauty regime, 45-year-old Clive admits he only works out if he has to strip on screen.


He explained: "I think it was Stanislavski who said, 'beware of the actor who looks in the mirror all the time.'


"I don't do facials or any of that stuff, but my workout regime does tend to depend on whether I have to take my top off in my next film because otherwise I know I'm too heavy."


He also revealed that he is not comfortable doing sex scenes in films.


Clive added: "It comes back to that whole cliche, there are 50 people in the room and flesh-colored underwear involved, which is deeply, deeply unsexy, so it's all very technical."

SOURCE