Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Michael C. Hall Says Winning Awards Has Boosted His Spirits


Michael C. Hall had plenty to celebrate Saturday night.

Just a week after winning a Golden Globe for his serial killer star turn on Showtime's Dexter, the actor was named outstanding actor in a drama series at Saturday's Screen Actors Guild Awards. And, he told PEOPLE backstage, his cancer is in remission.

"I'm two-thirds of the way through this treatment that already has this thing in remission," he said. "It's nice in the homestretch to have this kind of shock of positive energy. It's a celebration."

Hall, 38, who is very private, initially said he revealed that he was being treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma, because he knew he would be making several public appearances. "Because award shows were imminent, I had to make a statement," he said at last week's Globes.

As it turns out, there has been one unexpected and positive result of his admission. "I've been feeling very well," he told reporters backstage at the SAG Awards, "because I made this announcement. Because of these public events, I've heard from people I would have not have heard from otherwise."

SOURCE