Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Matthew Fox Doesn't Buy Into His Sex Symbol Status



Matthew Fox thinks he’s a “rougher” George Clooney.



The 43-year-old actor – who plays doctor Jack Shephard in ‘Lost’ – said he can’t understand why so many women find him sexy or compare him to the Hollywood star George Clooney, because he doesn’t think they’re alike.

I would love his career but I think I’m rougher around the edges. Even though I’m in one of the biggest series on the planet, I can move around undisturbed. I can fly under the radar.

“If a guy goes on television then there are women out there who will find them attractive. I don’t buy into the sex symbol thing. It’s a compliment but that’s it. I’m not interested.”

The heartthrob said he is completely dedicated to his spouse. He told the Mail on Sunday’s Live magazine:

“I’m a married man. I married a girl who worked to support me while I was trying to make it as an actor. She knows exactly who I am. We’ve been together more than 20 years, she’s the mother of my kids and that’s what it’s about.”

Matthew admitted he did have a wild side to his character however, and said he often held skinny-dipping parties just to get people to take off their clothes.
“On the set of ‘Lost’ I instigated a few skinny-dipping parties but I can’t say who came. It’s important if you’re having a party that you do something outrageous and I’m not afraid to lead by example. I like everyone to get their clothes off and jump in the water. It’s a great way to get people excited.”

SOURCE