Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pierce Brosnan Sees 'Sadness' in Roman Polanski Arrest




Actor Pierce Brosnan, who co-stars in Roman Polanski's upcoming thriller The Ghost Writer, is speaking out about the director's troubled past and recent arrest.

"There's a sadness to the whole situation," Brosnan tells Parade.com. "What happened years ago was wrong in every way. I just wish him the best and hope that he finds closure for this time in his life. We got on beautifully together, although I can't say I know him that well even though I certainly knew his history."


Brosnan, who filmed Ghost Writer before Polanski's detainment in Switzerland, says that he has nothing but good wishes for the filmmaker and his family.

"My heart goes out to his family, to his wife and his children," Brosnan adds. "I hope this chapter can be closed quickly and that justice will be served with some dignity and compassion.

SOURCE