Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Gerard Butler Laughs Off Jennifer Aniston, Jam Rumors


'I read a rumor somewhere saying that I was actually a woman,' Butler laughs.

Gerard Butler was romantically linked to Jennifer Aniston while they were filming their new comedy, "The Bounty Hunter." With the film about to be released on March 19, those rumors will inevitably be brought up again, and Butler said he just needs to keep a sense of humor about the whole thing.

On the red carpet of Cosmopolitan's 2010 Fun Fearless Males party, MTV News asked the Scottish actor whether he was fun or fearless in the upcoming flick. "I have to be both [in the movie], and in my life I have to be both," he said. "I just kind of have to be on a lot."

And following his own advice to laugh at the gossip about himself, he dished about which rumors happen to be his favorites. "I read a rumor somewhere saying that I was actually a woman," he said. "There was one, apparently ... I was just talking about Jen, saying, 'I'm not a gimp,' going on about ... how I want all these other women in my life.

"Then there was one about jam," he continued. "Apparently, I like to go into cafés and order scones and take out my mother's homemade jam. And I take it with me everywhere. And in the same article, it said apparently Johnny Depp likes to travel with his own toilet seat."

While it's hard to imagine anyone not laughing at that kind of gossip, Aniston herself explained to "Access Hollywood" last month that his easygoing attitude is what made them friends. "Gerry's the most unpretentious guy," she said. "He's a guy's guy, but he's absolutely the most lovely and sort of self-deprecating [person], and just what you see is what you get."

SOURCE