Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sandra Bullock razzes the Razzies right back



"Something tells me you all didn't watch the film," Sandra Bullock said as she accepted the Razzie Award as worst actress of 2009 for "All About Steve" at the Barnsdall Gallery Theater in Hollywood on Saturday night. "I thought no one went to see this film, but I know that there are more than 700 members here. That means that the majority of the 700 cast their vote, so that means 352 …?"

As she arrived on stage, she pulled a wagon filled with DVDs, noting, "We brought everybody in the audience a DVD of 'All About Steve.' " She asked the audience members to watch it, rethink their decision and if they agree that she really wasn't that bad, "I will come back next year. I will give back the Razzie."

Showing good humor, Bullock accused members of voting for her just because she promised to attend.

"I said I would show up and then I miraculously won!" she said, adding that her victory is further proof in Hollywood that "all you have to do is show up and you get an award."

"I brought the shooting script," she added. "I'm willing to go through page by page, read the line the way I did it in the film and, if anyone wants to give me a line read of how I could've done it better…. We can do this till about 4 o'clock in the morning. Or you guys can just watch the movie and rethink your decision, and I'll show up next year and we can go out for a drink afterward." The audience cheered and applauded.

Bullock also took issue with her second Razzie win, which she shared with "All About Steve" costar Bradley Cooper as worst screen couple.

"Again, if you had seen the film, seen it with your eyes, it's pretty much a film about a woman stalking a man," she said. "That doesn't really set up the premise for a loving couple. So giving us the worst couple award is kind of duh."

Bullock almost didn't show up because she had agreed to attend before she knew what date the ceremony was held. It turned out that she was busy Saturday night hosting "The Night Before," a charity event to benefit the Motion Picture Television Fund Foundation.

However, she broke away to fulfill her Razzie promise.

SOURCE