Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stephanie Szostak talks about kissing Paul Rudd

Kissing Paul Rudd wasn't tough for 'Dinner for Schmucks' star Stephanie Szostak



Like her character in "Dinner for Schmucks," which opened Friday, ­Stephanie Szostak sympathizes with those not in on the joke. She stars as Paul Rudd's girlfriend Julie, who's appalled he has agreed to take someone to supper to ridicule. Upper West Sider

Szostak knows how it feels to not fit in. She left France to attend the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Va. "It was quite a cultural shock - the language, the humor," Szostak says. "I remember waiting at the library to buy books and this guy standing next to me goes, 'Hey, what's up?' And I looked up in the sky and was like, 'I don't know. What is up?' So that was tough. Just not being able to relate the way I was used to."

How many takes did you do for your kissing scene with Paul Rudd?

As many as I could.

Was that weird?

It wasn't awkward. I've never had an awkward kissing scene.