Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Liv Tyler's Glamour Magazine interview



What does 2010 have in store for you?
So far 2010 has had had me spending a lot of time in Louisiana. I am working on my second film down here (The Ledge) in two months. For G Star we just went on such a fun trip to Miami to shoot the new fall collection with Anton Corbijn. We had a ball! I love all the adventures my work takes me on. Spending lots of time with my amazing son who is the best travel buddy ever, he's a real adventurer. Playing Frisbee (my new obsession) hula-hooping, and learning to play the guitar.

Have you ever had a fashion disaster?
Yes! But so far they have been very funny. While making The Incredible Hulk I had to wear the same pair of skinny 7 For All Mankind jeans and during a big scene, where we crash in a helicopter, I split the back of them while trying to pull William Hurt out of the crash. I didn't realize I had done it until I went to stand outside in the fresh air for a couple minutes and felt a cool draft on my bottom! The crew nicknamed me Action Pants.


How do you stay true to your style in Hollywood?
I grew up in Maine and NY so I'm used to the cold and wearing lots of layers and I love Fall/Winter dressing. Basically I'm an Eskimo. So I do find my self a bit confused in LA about what to wear some times. On the days when it rains I'm so excited to wear my Wellies and a good trench coat. I probably wear more black than most people.

Career-wise, what has been your favourite moment?
All of it. I feel so grateful to do what I love for a living. I have been on so many wonderful adventures and learnt so much. Honestly I am having as much fun in Baton Rouge on The Ledge as I was on Stealing Beauty when I was 17.

Several film stars have headed to Broadway recently. Would you like to do theatre?
If you had asked me this a few years ago I would have said 'No Way Jose' because I have always had a little problem with stage fright. But since having Milo that seems to have changed a bit. I am so happy doing what I'm doing right now, working on movies but I would love to do theatre one day. It is something I would like very much to experience as an actress.

If you weren't an actress, what would you be?
The world's best Frisbee player or the captain of a great big beautiful pirate ship filled with all my family and dearest friends, travelling the world, exploring and going on adventures to bring love and kindness to all of mankind.....

What would you say to your 14-year-old self?
Try not to worry so much and have fun.... Follow your heart.....


SOURCE